1. Who are you? What do you do?
I’m an actress, turned fitness instructor, turned contemporary romance writer. I grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania and now live in Las Vegas with my husband and adopted pooch, Harley. My first novel RUNNING AWAY TO HOME (Book 1 Swept Away) debuted in October, 2014. My fourth novel, TEMPTATION dropped March 31st, 2017. It’s my first BDSM romance and I loved researching and writing it.
2. What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine?
For me, I need to get a workout in before I write. So, even if I’m not teaching the class, I take spin or Body Pump. I’m kind of a slow writer. It’s like giving birth. It takes about me about nine months and I gain weight. So, the gym is a must. I write in complete quiet with my buddy, Harley by my side. Sometimes it’s hard for me to get focused and started, but once I’m in, I don’t like to stop.
3. What are the most important elements of good writing? According to you, what tools are must-haves for writers?
I love good dialogue. Something that pops off the page is what I strive for and what I like to read. Also, having an honest friend/Beta reader to give you feedback.
4. What motivates you to write?
My motivation comes from my characters and a story that doesn’t let me sleep. Once it starts to play out in my head like a movie, I have to get it down on paper.
5. Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?
I don’t really suffer from writer’s block, but since I completed my first series, I take time in between books. It gets the creative juices flowing again, and it keeps me in love with the process.
6. Do you have any advice for other writers?
I would tell them that this is a tough business. Write because you love to, because you have to, not because you’re hoping to get rich. And keep reading!
7. What is the message in your book? What are your readers’ reactions to it?
I think the message in TEMPTATION is that there isn’t one cookie cutter kind of BDSM relationship. Embrace your kinky side, don’t be ashamed to explore your desires, but do it safely.
8. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned that I really enjoy killing people…in books. I have a dark side I didn’t know was there. I think there might be a murder mystery or erotic thriller in my future.
9. What are your current/future projects?
My next two books will be book two and three of the Vegas Edge Series. DESIRE is up first and then FURY. TEMPTATION, DESIRE, and FURY can all be read as a stand alone, but are under the umbrella of the Vegas Edge.
10. What book(s)/author(s) have influenced your life and writing?
My interest in writing started with EL James and continued with Sylvia Day. After that I read everything I could get my hands on. Meredith Wild and Laurelin Paige were two of my favorites. I’ve also enjoyed Jake Malden and Jen Lassalle Edwards. If you haven’t read their work, you should.
Author Website: http://www.rosemarywillhide.com