1. Who are you? What do you do? I’m a bestselling, award winning author, and a technology expert for the premier global technology firms for over 15 years. Presently in Atlanta, I’m also a leading Technology Specialist for one of the world’s largest Information Technology firms. I was rated #1 IT Super Hero by InfoWorld (Wall St journal of the IT world) and ComputerWorld, was the winner of the National Federal Office Systems Award (FOSE – Nation’s Largest Information Technology Exposition Serving the Government Marketplace), and the winner of Government Computer News Best New Technology Award. Several case studies have been published on my solutions across the Information Technology industry. Currently I provide enterprise technology solutions and advisement for America’s most distinguished clients including a sizeable amount of work for the U.S. Defense Sector, Department of Justice, and the Department of Homeland Security.
2. What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine? No regular routine. It’s ends up just being how I’m inspired. With my first books, I wrote the book that I had always wanted to read but had never been read. With this book, I wrote the book that I had I always wanted to write never been written. It’s a journey for the reader. You have to ask yourself a question during the book: Are you ready to face your sins? For many people the answer will be no, which makes the book an even deeper journey as they realize where they fall in the battle of good and evil. Each reader will face their own internal journey. Some who are not familiar with any religion will hopefully want to know more as they look inside themselves. Even though the book is called Devil’s Diary, the book is not about evil. The second part of the title is the focus. The Coming.
3. Do you have any advice for other writers? With POD the publishing world is changing. The game is different. As both a “traditionally published” and self published author, I’ve had to learn the hard way which way to go. Now I coach others into how to be successful @ POD publishing/self publishing. I’ve become a bestselling author as a self published author The Invisible Enemy: Black Fox, The Invisible Enemy II: Vendetta, and landed spot on nationally syndicated shows such as the Michael Eric Dyson show . Because of the books I’ve written I was Named Super Hero by InfoWorld and ComputerWorld for several of the ground breaking projects I designed and architected for the worlds top organizations (Including Google, Dept of Defense and Major banks). They even gave a shout out to my bestseller The Invisible Enemy: Black Fox, which brought millions of additional readers to my website. I’ve been on nationally syndicated shows speaking on the writing process and my career and how to succeed as an author. Certain tricks such as “what is the right price for my book on amazon?” “When should I sell out to a major publisher”, “is my book deal good?”, “how many books can I expect to sell at a book signing”, or “Where is the money?” or “why is fiction so hard to sell”, “Mr. Howard, Do I have to create a cool movie trailer like you (http://www.anthonyrhoward.com/book.php) with explosions and special effects just to sell my book Every book is different, so every path is different. One fact remains the same unless you are a celebrity. You must shatter the literary genre. You book MUST be different, and you must have a platform to sell it. “Anthony, what do you mean?” I mean you book will not sell because you wrote it or because it’s good. For instance, I’ve shattered the literary genre in a major way with The Invisible Enemy: Black Fox. Since I work with the Dept of Defense and Homeland Security as a world class IT Architect, designing supercomputers, storage area networks and much more – I’m considered an insider, and people always want to know the real scoop on what’s going on behind the scenes. The once classified secret gov’t organizations in the Invisible Enemy: Black Fox are REAL. The next generation exposed in the book is REAL. People are longing for something hot, new, and different, and the media is looking for things that will keep their audience interested and even expand your audience, generating more revenue and popularity.
4. What is the message in your book? What are your readers’ reactions to it?Some say I made a transition from the suspense/espionage/action genre (The Invisible Enemy: Black Fox & Invisible Enemy II: Vendetta) to the religious fiction/thriller/speculative realm (Devil’s Diary: The Coming). In my mind I didn’t make a transition. This is actually the book that got me my first book deal. It was decided by the publishing company to come out with the spy series as a business decision because of my background with technology and the Dept of Defense, and the degrees and awards behind my name. I speak at technology conferences on a regular basis but I wasn’t a famous minister or “religious expert”. In their minds, I didn’t have a guaranteed platform to generate book sales. Do I hope my audience follows? I’d like to think I’ve built an audience who loves good writing, so I believe they will venture into this genre even if it’s a bit new to them, because they enjoy good writing. The point of writing of to bring people to something new. Something great. One of my goals in writing is to broaden the experiences of my reader community and add to the literary art form. It believe its key to not only present a fascinating story to the reader, but to bring value to the reader aside from entertainment. I believe that’s one of the key differences of my style of writing. Everyone loves to be entertained, so I’m obviously going to do that, and I truly enjoy it. Then a lot of people also value riveting, thought provoking idea’s. Topics where you finish the book and want to know more. Motifs that make you want do a bit of web surfing on the topics presented, or maybe dive even deeper.
5. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I learned so much during the extensive research of Biblical Prophecy in Devil’s Diary: The Coming. Biblical Prophecy is a touchy subject. It’s certainly complex. There are literally hundreds of interpretations and translations. I put them into 3 main categories during my studies. 1 The Past interpretations: meaning that some interpretation believe that the 2nd coming of Jesus has already happened. 2nd group is the Present interpretation, meaning that based on what is happening now, the 2nd coming is imminent, the 3rd group is the Future interpretation which pretty much follow the course the 2nd coming is off in the distant future someplace. I focus on the present interpretation. The book the Son of Man returns, but its not quite what you’d expect. This is not about the rapture. It’s about the war between good and evil. God vs His enemies
6. What are your current/future projects? The most current project is Devil’s Diary: The Coming. It’s about the literal and spiritual battle between good and evil. If the Creator returned tomorrow (which happens in the book), how would you react? What would you as a reader expect? Would you be ready? This novel appeals to the reader to look inside themselves and see where they fall in the battle of good and evil as they identify with the characters. As current times are as they have been prophesized in several holy books, including a general increase in anarchy, the demoralization of our society’s ethical fabric, the wars, and the persecution of those trying to worship, the stage has been set. Sides are being chosen. Angels and their worst enemies prepare for The Coming.
7. Is there any other information you want to share? I started a small studio, Brookline Studios for one reason. Because I wanted to change the way audiobooks were created. Traditional audiobooks are boring to many people. One narrator reads the entire 22 hour story in monotone can lull you to sleep. In the Invisible Enemy: Black Fox Audiobook a new genre is opened to new markets and the social media generation with over 2000 expertly placed sound effects, a cast of talented actors reading the major characters, and movie scores created for every scene/chapter, giving the audiobook a surreal movie theatre experience in additional to an exhilarating story. The new millennial generation want experiences to be vibrant, diverse, engaging, and interactive. Listening to one person for 22 hours can be exhausting. In the past audiobook listener have been a very particular audience and demographics. I believe that will change, and I’d like to be ahead of that change. With the evolution of I+s and mp3 players and other inventions, audiobooks can be listened to while jogging, at the gym, cleaning, running errands, eating, airports, and even while working is an option for some folks. I also want to create a personal experience that the reader/listener can plug into personally. Listeners are diverse and multifaceted. So should the cast in their experience. I bring a new experience to veteran readers and invite younger listeners as well, expanding into a different kind of audiobook market, combining sound effects, multi-cast actors, special effects, a great story, and sound quality into a different and unforgettable experience. To see what I mean, feel free to download or listen to the first chapter for free here. Invisible Enemy: Black Fox AudioBook Free Chapter
Author Website http://anthonyrhoward.org/